Dear KCP Parents and Families,
The last few months have been a huge transition for all of us, and I want to thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to work through details and adjust to remote learning. Because our building will be closed for the rest of the school year, we have developed a plan––in accordance with clear guidance from the district––that will allow you to collect your child’s personal items from school as safely as possible.
Our school will be following the below schedule for item retrieval. If you are unable to collect your child’s items during the designated times, please contact the school directly at 773-535-1180 or via email Mr. Kelly firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs. McFall email@example.com
*To ensure we can accommodate all students, each student will be given 15 minutes to retrieve their personal belongings.
All members of our school community must follow these guidelines while retrieving personal items:
- Only 6 students may enter the building to retrieve their belongings at a time. You must maintain at least six feet of space from others in order to practice proper social distancing while on school property.
- You must bring a cloth face covering to wear while inside the school.
- You must wash your hands or use hand sanitizer provided by the school when you enter and exit the building.
- You may not enter the building under the following circumstances:
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A MASK
- You are ill.
- You have been ill with COVID-19 and your symptoms first appeared less than 10 days ago.
- You have been ill with COVID-19 and have had a fever or respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath) within the last 72 hours.
- You are awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- You have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 calendar days.
If your child is graduating or transferring schools and received a device from our school for remote learning, please return the device while retrieving your child’s personal items. You may give the device to any staff onsite assisting you.
All items NOT retrieved by Friday, June 19th will be discarded.
I am committed to making this process as safe as possible and, as always, WE are here to support you, your child, and our KCP community in any way I can.
Mr. Brian Kelly